Tuesday, July 15, 2014

TO ALL THE BOYS I'VE LOVED BEFORE

To All the Boys I've Loved Before (To All the Boys I've Loved Before, #1)Book Review:  To All the Boys I've Loved Before

Author:  Jenny Han
Published:  April 2014
Series:  TOTBILB #1
Genre:  YA Contemps

The Setting - Taken from Goodreads
To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before is the story of Lara Jean, who has never openly admitted her crushes, but instead wrote each boy a letter about how she felt, sealed it, and hid it in a box under her bed. But one day Lara Jean discovers that somehow her secret box of letters has been mailed, causing all her crushes from her past to confront her about the letters: her first kiss, the boy from summer camp, even her sister's ex-boyfriend, Josh. As she learns to deal with her past loves face to face, Lara Jean discovers that something good may come out of these letters after all.


My Two Cents
You guys!  I am so far behind on reviews!  I finished this like a month ago.  And the details are beginning to become sketchy.  So for the next few reviews you may get a rather short Two Cents.  YA contemporary's are not my favorite genre.  But every once in a blue moon, I need something cheesy and light (why does this happen in the summer for me, creating the cliche "beach read"?).  To All the Boys I've Loved Before fit the bill, Han creating a hilarious, sweet, and sometimes humiliating read.  I was torn for Lara Jean and I really never expected her to fall for one certain boy.  But while I was entertained, I'm going to have to agree with others that there was little to no character or plot growth.  The ending leaves the book feeling unfinished and incomplete.  I actually had to double check that I wasn't missing any pages.  I guess Han thought she'd smooth things out in a sequel.  But since I hardly pick up these type of books I doubt whether I'll read it.  I'm awarding To All the Boys I've Loved Before 3 out of 5 stars.  Recommended for a humorous good time.  

No comments:

Post a Comment