Wednesday, May 28, 2014

CRESS

Cress (The Lunar Chronicles, #3)Book Review:  Cress

Author:  Marissa Meyer
Published:  February 2014
Series:  The Lunar Chronicles #3
Genre:  YA Sci-Fi

The Setting - Taken from Goodreads
In this third book in the Lunar Chronicles, Cinder and Captain Thorne are fugitives on the run, now with Scarlet and Wolf in tow. Together, they’re plotting to overthrow Queen Levana and her army.

Their best hope lies with Cress, a girl imprisoned on a satellite since childhood who's only ever had her netscreens as company. All that screen time has made Cress an excellent hacker. Unfortunately, she’s just received orders from Levana to track down Cinder and her handsome accomplice.

When a daring rescue of Cress goes awry, the group is separated. Cress finally has her freedom, but it comes at a high price. Meanwhile, Queen Levana will let nothing prevent her marriage to Emperor Kai. Cress, Scarlet, and Cinder may not have signed up to save the world, but they may be the only hope the world has.



My Two Cents
Please don't hate me after my next few sentences.  The Cinder series are not my favorite.  Gasp!  Please don't hate me!  Meyer fails to really pull me into these books, and I think overall I'd like a little less romance and a little more fighting.  Perhaps my biggest problem overall is Cinder herself.  I get she just found out that she could save the universe but girl, pull it together!  Practice your power non-stop!  And you've got to have better plans than just showing up to a ball to intervene (which she has done twice now).  If there was one thing in this book that kept me from slapping Cinder it was Cress herself.  Talk about a character with a heart of gold!  I loved that she was infatuated with Captain Thorne, and she quickly found out how imperfect he was.  I loved that their relationship was comical and slow, not the insta-romance I felt with Cinder and Kai.  And if there's one thing I'm looking forward to in the last and final book in this series, it's Scarlet and Wolfe.  Sigh.  I think he had me at his name.  I will definitely finish this series for them.  So again, please don't egg my house when I award Cress 3.5ish - 4 out of 5 stars.  I'll round up to 4 to make y'all feel better (and to keep my house egg free)!  

No comments:

Post a Comment