Wednesday, April 23, 2014

THE DIAMOND THIEF

The Diamond ThiefBook Review:  The Diamond Thief

Author:  Sharon Gosling
Published:  February 2013
Series:  No
Genre:  YA Fantasy/Steampunk

The Setting - Taken from Goodreads
No one performs on the circus trapeze like 16-year-old Rémy Brunel. But Rémy also leads another life, prowling through the backstreets of Victorian London as a jewel thief. When she is forced to steal one of the world’s most valuable diamonds, she uncovers a world of treachery and fiendish plots.

Meanwhile, young detective Thaddeus Rec is determined to find the jewel and clear his name. Will Thaddeus manage to rescue the jewel? Or is it really Rémy that he needs to save?



My Two Cents
First I'd like to say a very big THANK YOU to NetGalley for letting me read this book!

Before you look at my very low rating of this book, please know that The Diamond Thief simply wasn't the book for me.  Oh sure, I was enticed by the description of theft and romance.  But The Diamond Thief felt very juvenile, perhaps kids reading in middle school will enjoy this book more than I did.  Remy and Thaddeus were never really in trouble, someone always seemed to rescue or have the perfect concoction to save them.  And the storyline...it was all very predictable and sometimes eye-roll worthy (Remy has a curse on her that prevents her from committing to a relationship).  Which brings me to Thaddeus and Remy.  If you are in middle school, this relationship does not get out of hand in the kissing department but left me wanting a true romance.  Not Thaddeus professing his love to Remy after a couple of days.  Like I said before, The Diamond Thief just wasn't my cup of tea, 2 out of 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment