Thursday, March 6, 2014

QUINTANA OF CHARYN

Quintana of Charyn (Lumatere Chronicles, #3)Book Review:  Quintana of Charyn

Author:  Melina Marchetta
Published:  September 2012
Series:  Lumatere Chronicles #3
Genre:  YA Fantasy

The Setting - Taken from Goodreads
Separated from the girl he loves and has sworn to protect, Froi must travel through Charyn to search for Quintana, the mother of Charyn's unborn king, and protect her against those who will do anything to gain power. But what happens when loyalty to family and country conflict? When the forces marshalled in Charyn's war gather and threaten to involve the whole of the land, including Lumatere, only Froi can set things right, with the help of those he loves.


My Two Cents
Ah Marchetta, Marchetta.  How I love thee!  Okay first off, if you have not read a book by Melina Marchetta...get off your butt and run to the nearest library!  This fantasy series rocks my sock off!  I'll try to contain myself.  While I think I loved Froi of the Exiles just a little bit more, Quintana of Charyn did not disappoint.  You should know that Froi and Quintana spend 98% of this book apart, sigh.  Which kind of bummed me out but Marchetta almost makes up for it through other relationships (and more bloodshed!).  The ending to this series is perfect.  I really can't say more than this! Though the first book in this series is kind of slow (Finnikin of the Rock) Marchetta greatly rewards her readers in these last two books.  If you havn't already guessed from my ramblings, I highly recommend this series (though content is more adult than teenage), and I'm awarding Quintana of Charyn 4.5 out of 5 stars.  

No comments:

Post a Comment