Friday, December 20, 2013

FRIDAY'S FINISH IT OR FORGET IT

Defy (Defy, #1)Defy by Sara B. Larson

Before I royally rip into this book, I first want to thank Goodreads for letting me read this.  Thank you, Thank you!  Defy had potential, it is in the fantasy genre, so what's not to like?  A lot apparently.  The heroine Alex is actually a girl, hiding in the King's guard to avoid the fate of all women in this evil kingdom.  But suddenly two people face Alex with the truth:  they know she is a girl.  And here's where things start to get ugly for me.  Of course the two people who know she is a girl have romantic feelings for Alex.  Both upstanding gentleman, Alex has a hard time choosing between them.  But the final straw for me came when Alex is kidnapped and convinced to train to overcome the evil sorcerer.  To unleash her power she has to dig deep, think of all the people she has lost to channel her hidden strengths.  Okay, yawn.  I've seen this a million times.  And the love triangle was driving me to drink.  I plan to never reopen Defy again.  But what do you think?  Should I finish or forget this one?

No comments:

Post a Comment