Wednesday, December 11, 2013

FINISH IT OR FORGET IT

The Duchess War (Brothers Sinister, #1)The Duchess War by Courtney Milan

I'm beginning to think there's a problem with some of the bloggers I date (or follow).  The Duchess War came highly, highly recommended by a fellow blogger.  I've had a horrible time with this genre (Regency/Historical Romance).  I feel as though once you've read one you've read them all, and The Duchess War was no exception.  A handsome rich Duke falls for the plain (but shapely) lady commoner.  The bodice ripping begins and soon they are tricked into marriage where more bodice ripping ensues.  No original plot or story line in these.  I hated The Duchess War for this very reason and I gave it a fair shot (completing over 60% of the book).  So, should I finish or forget this one?  I'm definitely leaning toward forget! 

No comments:

Post a Comment