Wednesday, September 25, 2013

ORIGIN

Origin (Lux, #4)Book Review:  Origin

Author:  Jennifer Armentrout
Published:  August 2013
Series:  Lux #4
Genre:  YA Paranormal

The Setting - Taken from Goodreads
Daemon will do anything to get Katy back. 

After the successful but disastrous raid on Mount Weather, he’s facing the impossible. Katy is gone. Taken. Everything becomes about finding her. Taking out anyone who stands in his way? Done. Burning down the whole world to save her? Gladly. Exposing his alien race to the world? With pleasure. 

All Katy can do is survive.

Surrounded by enemies, the only way she can come out of this is to adapt. After all, there are sides of Daedalus that don’t seem entirely crazy, but the group’s goals are frightening and the truths they speak even more disturbing. Who are the real bad guys? Daedalus? Mankind? Or the Luxen?

Together, they can face anything.

But the most dangerous foe has been there all along, and when the truths are exposed and the lies come crumbling down, which side will Daemon and Katy be standing on?


And will they even be together?



My Two Cents
I know, I know... you people are looking at the cover and judging.  Personally, I don't find the Daemon on the cover attractive at all.  The Daemon in my head is much more my type of man candy.  And this is my guilty pleasure here people, which turned into not a pleasure to read at all.  Where do I start?  Have my reading tastes refined in the last 9 months since book 3 from this series came out?  I'd like to think I am a refined person but I really don't think that happened.  In a nutshell, Origin was a hot mess.  The first half was decent.  Daemon manages to find Katy and they try to devise ways to get out of their prison.  Armentrout added a new type of alien (which I wasn't thrilled about) and then they join forces to defeat Daedalus.  Which would have been great, if Armentrout hadn't thrown in a bunch of plot-irrelevant crap and had actually defeated Daedalus.  WARNING SPOILERS.  I thought Daemon and Katy getting married was added fluff, along with the final fight scene where several of Daemon's friends die.  I think more time could have been spent on setting up the final plot line for the fifth and last book, instead it felt like Armentrout was grasping for straws in regards to the story line.  Not my favorite book by far and not the book I was hoping for.  So will I read the last book in this series?  Eh, we'll see what kind of mood I'm in next year.  I'm giving Origin 3 out of 5 stars, and that's generous.  

No comments:

Post a Comment