Tuesday, July 16, 2013

TOP TEN TUESDAY: BOOKS I CAN'T WAIT TO GET MY HANDS ON

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly blog hop hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.  Usually I don't participate in these and when I do I usually end up choosing my own topic.  Today is no different!  The summer is flying by and I just realized last night that I have some serious reading to do in August/September.  A lot of sequels (or highly anticipated novels) are all coming out around the end of the summer!  Why can't they do this at the beginning of summer?  Anyway, here are the books due out soon that I can't wait to get my grubby little paws on!

The Bone SeasonThe Bone Season by Samantha Shannon
Due out August 20th 

I just read a review that said this would be a hit for Leigh Bardugo fans (author of Siege and Storm).  Enough said.  Sign me up!






Untold (The Lynburn Legacy, #2) 
Untold by Sarah Rees Brennan
Due out September 24th
Book 2 in The Lynburn Legacy

Loved Unspoken.  I need to find out what happens between Kami and Jared!






Crown of Midnight (Throne of Glass, #2) Crown of Midnight by Sarah J. Maas
Due out August 27th
Book 2 in Throne of Glass series

I wasn't head over heels for the the first book in this series, but I do love myself a good female assassin coupled with a handsome and mysterious captain of the guard!




Origin (Lux, #4)  
Origin by Jennifer Armentrout
Due out August 27th
Book 4 in the Lux series

Jennifer Armentrout is killing me.  She promised this book in July and I have to wait until the end of August?!  It wouldn't be so bad if she hadn't ended the 3rd book with a huge cliffhanger.  This is my guilty pleasure YA series so please, refrain from judging.

Horde (Razorland, #3)


Horde by Ann Aguirre
Due out October 29th
3rd and final book in the Razorland series

If you havn't picked up this futuristic, dystopian series then you are seriously missing out people!  The first book in the series reminded me of the movie I am Legend but unlike after the movie, I didn't have to sleep with the lights on!  Yes, I am a pansy!

The Dream Thieves (The Raven Cycle, #2)


The Dream Thieves by Maggie Stiefvater
Due out September 17th
Book 2 in the Raven Cycle series

If you have never read a Maggie Stiefvater book then...no excuses!  Go to the library now!  Stiefvater has a way with writing that will captivate the reader, and I definitely got sucked into this series!
Blackmoore: A Proper Romance 



  
Blackmoore  by Julianne Donaldson
Due out September 28th
Not a series

I am a sucker for british literature and historical romance.  I just checked out Edenbrooke by Donaldson tonight and I think I'm going to love it.





Where the Stars Still ShineWhere the Stars Still Shine by Trish Doller
Due out September 24th

Blogger I follow had gushing reviews for this one.  Contemporary YA fiction which I am very selective about.  I wish upon a star I had this in my hands now...haha!





Allegiant (Divergent, #3)

Allegiant by Veronica Roth
Due out October 22nd
3rd and final book in the Divergent series

And last but not least...Allegiant.  If you havn't read this series then you are living under a rock!  The movie is set to come out a little less than a year from now.  I fully intend on dressing up and seeing it opening night...much to my husband's dismay.  Who's in with me?






No comments:

Post a Comment