Monday, July 8, 2013

MY LIFE NEXT DOOR

My Life Next DoorBook Review:  My Life Next Door

Author:  Huntley Fitzpatrick
Published:  June 2012
Series:  NO!
Genre:  YA Contemporary

The Setting - Taken from Goodreads
The Garretts are everything the Reeds are not. Loud, messy, affectionate. And every day from her rooftop perch, Samantha Reed wishes she was one of them . . . until one summer evening, Jase Garrett climbs up next to her and changes everything.

As the two fall fiercely for each other, stumbling through the awkwardness and awesomeness of first love, Jase's family embraces Samantha - even as she keeps him a secret from her own. Then something unthinkable happens, and the bottom drops out of Samantha's world. She's suddenly faced with an impossible decision. Which perfect family will save her? Or is it time she saved herself?

A transporting debut about family, friendship, first romance, and how to be true to one person you love without betraying another.


My Two Cents
This is another summery beachy read for me (and me wishing I was reading it on the beach!).  A cute romance with no heavy moral themes to it.  I loved Sam and Jase as a couple.  Of course I especially loved Jase (a hardworking family man and he's cute too).  You should be warned now that Jase and Sam are physically intimate in one scene.  But more of a fade to black explanation/description.  The one problem I had with this book is the ending.  I needed an epilogue or something, because My Life Next Door just kind of ended without really resolving or seeing through some of the characters' problems.  Overall an enjoyable read, 4 out of 5 stars for me!  I think I'm going through some sort of female crisis as I'm picking up a lot of "chick-lit" books!   

No comments:

Post a Comment