Friday, July 19, 2013

KILLING SARAI

Killing Sarai (In the Company of Killers, #1)Book Review:  Killing Sarai

Author:  J.A. Redmerski
Published:  2013
Series:  In the Company of Killers #1
Genre:  New Adult Action

The Setting - Taken from Goodreads
Sarai was only fourteen when her mother uprooted her to live in Mexico with a notorious drug lord. Over time she forgot what it was like to live a normal life, but she never let go of her hope to escape the compound where she has been held for the past nine years.

Victor is a cold-blooded assassin who, like Sarai, has known only death and violence since he was a young boy. When Victor arrives at the compound to collect details and payment for a hit, Sarai sees him as her only opportunity for escape. But things don’t go as planned and instead of finding transport back to Tucson, she finds herself free from one dangerous man and caught in the clutches of another.


As Victor and Sarai slowly build a trust, the differences between them seem to lessen, and an unlikely attraction intensifies. But Victor’s brutal skills and experience may not be enough in the end to save her, as the power she unknowingly holds over him may ultimately be what gets her killed.


My Two Cents
Okay I admit, I was sucked in by the introduction.  Assassins always perk me up for some reason.  But let me first be completely honest with you; it was a small miracle that I finished this book.  I really hated it.  But let's not get carried away.  Here's what I first initially liked in Killing Sarai.  I liked how Victor, the stone-cold assassin did not change character just to run away with a girl.  If you're going to be heartless, doesn't it take more than a beautiful woman to change your evil ways?  And I liked the fast-paced, action-packed beginning.  But that's where my likes ended for this book.  There was way to many sex scenes and Victor and Sarai's relationship was strained at best.  Sorry, I just really didn't feel the love.  Couple that with the fact that Sarai grated on every last nerve I ever had in my body.  She never truly thought about her actions or the consequences and she put way too much trust in the hands of a killer.  So, to sum it up, I'm giving Killing Sarai 2 out of 5 stars.  And that's only because somehow I finished the book.  So don't kill yourself (or your time) reading Killing Sarai.    

No comments:

Post a Comment