Friday, July 12, 2013

FRIDAY'S FINISH IT OR FORGET IT

The Faerie Guardian (Creepy Hollow, #1)The Faerie Guardian by Rachel Morgan

Let me start off with what I liked about this book.  I loved the world Morgan created with mythical creatures and Vi's magic powers.  It sounded right up my nerdy, Harry Potterness alley.  What was the problem you ask?  I had a really hard time with the romance between Vi and Nate.  A really hard time.  I didn't feel the sparks between the two and Nate's acceptance of Vi and her world was a little too welcoming.  Nate was surprisingly unfazed for everything he had been through.  And then there's Violet.  For someone who has trained who whole life to be an unfeeling Guardian she sure deserts her post fast for Nate.  I needed a little more inner turmoil from the two main characters.  Their characters changed simply on a whim and I really didn't like it.  But I'm willing to hear rebuttal for The Faerie Guardian.  Has anyone out there read and loved this book?  Is this a Finish It OR Forget It?

No comments:

Post a Comment