Wednesday, July 17, 2013

EASY

EasyBook Review:  Easy

Author:  Tammara Webber
Published:  2012
Series:  No!
Genre:  NEW ADULT Contemporary

The Setting - Taken from Goodreads
A groundbreaking novel in the New Adult genre, Easy faces one girl's struggle to regain the trust she's lost, find the inner strength to fight back against an attacker, and accept the peace she finds in the arms of a secretive boy.


My Two Cents
Not much to go by on the description.  And yes...I can just see the infamous (you're in trouble) raised eyebrow my mother is pointing my way based on the cover.  Sorry mom.  Sometimes I really just need a good kissing scene, and Easy didn't disappoint there.  Okay, let's get down to the nitty gritty.  There's really only one reason this book kept me up late reading, and his name is Lucas.  Talk about a character you can't help but love!  Lucas is haunted by a heart-breaking past, yet somehow has picked up his life and is doing things right; working ten-million jobs to pay for college, volunteering at a self-defense class, engineering major (and on the outside he's bad boy material - tattoos included).  I can overlook the lip ring for him!  The one downside to this book is Jacqueline.  I really wish she would have have stopped whining and started living her life without a boy in the picture longer.  Essentially this story is set up like a mystery, trying to figure out what happened to Lucas.  The love story is along for the ride and Webber also manages to approach a touchy subject; rape on college campuses.  It all added up to an unforgettable story for me.  I want to warn you though, this book is not for young readers.  Profanity and some graphic love scenes are present throughout the whole book.  Easy is getting 4 out of 5 stars from me, I would love to award it more but I'm afraid people won't read my review and just pick it up because of a high rating!     

No comments:

Post a Comment