Friday, May 10, 2013

FRIDAY'S FINISH IT OR FORGET IT

Wildest Dreams (Fantasyland, #1)Wildest Dreams by Kristen Ashley

This book was recommended to me by Goodreads.  Goodreads and I have a love hate relationship sometimes...  But this book was promising in the beginning.  I loved the world building and snarky main character "Finnie" Ashley created.  But what fell flat for me was the romance between Frey and Finnie.  I did not find Frey swoon worthy like so many did on Goodreads.  I thought, even after he warmed up to Finnie, he was too controlling and moody.  Not to mention he's keeping a secret about Finnie's agency to choose where she will live and belong.  That's not going to go over well when she finds out.  But ultimately this book quickly turned from a fantasyland filled with elves to a fantasyland only in the bedroom (too much sex and not enough plot).  So what do you guys think?  I'm fairly certain it's a forget it but I'm willing to hear rebuttal from those of you who loved Wildest Dreams!

No comments:

Post a Comment