Tuesday, April 2, 2013

TOP TEN TUESDAY

I don't really participate in these but I thought this one might be fun for you to see.  Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly blog hop hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.  So these are the books that are immediately next on my To-Be-Read list for any number of reasons:  they're due back at the library soon or I've forbidden myself to buy anymore on Amazon until I read these.  Hope you like seeing what's in my stack!

The Nightmare Affair (The Arkwell Academy, #1)This one is due back soon.  And it looked looked gothically cool:  a teenager who's a nightmare, as in haunting your dreams.  Get your head out of the gutter...not every teenager is a nightmare (but I'm sure my sweetums will be one when she reaches that age)!







Spellcaster (Spellcaster, #1) 
Once again library checkout.  But this one is about witches!  Yessss!  I can't turn down a witch book.  Yes I know I'm a sucker.  And I also met Claudia Gray at a book signing, yes she charmed me into reading this!








Mila 2.0 (MILA 2.0, #1) 
Library checkout.  Dystopian sci-fi thriller!  And I met Debra Driza at the same book signing.  Charming young lady.  And it can't help that the cover is cool too!









Shadow on the CrownLibrary checkout.  An adult historical fiction taking place in England in 1002 A.D.  And there's supposed to be romance.  I'm such a sucker for these historical romance novels.








Requiem (Delirium, #3) 
Bought and started but somehow got sidetracked.  I must admit I hated the first book in the series (Delirium) but loved the second book (Pandemonium).  Suffice it to say Requiem isn't going well.  I think the only reason I'll finish this book is because I met Lauren Oliver and she is a doll!  Because I'm really struggling...






Code Name Verity
Bought and started this one.  I really loved the beginning but it is not one you read late at night.  At least not the beginning.  This book has won major awards and everyone gushes over it.  And really it has my name written all over it; historical fiction with female protagonist.  This is definitely a good book to select for a book club reading.  I just need to power through!




The Rose Throne

Gifted to me by publisher.  Sounds interesting.  The story of two princesses, their reign and their romances.  And the cover is gorgeous!







Jellicoe Road


Bought.  Promised to be one of my favorites if I can make it through the first 100 pages.  Definitely can't read this one late at night!  It's contemporary YA, and that is my least favorite genre.  We shall see...






Wool Omnibus (Wool, #1-5) 


Bought.  My friend recommended this to me and I'm super excited!  A science fiction, dystopian thriller!  And a more adult read!  I can't wait!








Son of the Shadows (Sevenwaters, #2) 

I need this one.  After loving Daughter of the Forest I need to return to the land of Sorcha, Red and their children.  I just hope the second one is as good as the first!

No comments:

Post a Comment