Friday, April 12, 2013

FRIDAY'S FINISH IT OR FORGET IT

The Nightmare Affair (The Arkwell Academy, #1)The Nightmare Affair by Mindee Arnett

I really wanted to love this one.  And in truth, the first chapter was amazing.  The whole idea of a person feeding off nightmares to refuel their magic, much like vampires get their magic/power from sucking blood was/is the coolest idea ever!  Originality points for Arnett!  But sadly... that's where the originality ended.  The rest of the book (well at least as far as I read) was mudded with an unnecessary love triangle (and you know how I loathe those) and a mystery that was really predictive and failed to pull the reader in.  Why must authors feel the need to throw a love triangle in?  It's not necessary!  I will still read (and prefer) books with no love triangle!  So has anyone out there read The Nightmare Affair?  Is it worth gouging my eyeballs out over the love triangle?  Should I finish or forget this novel?

No comments:

Post a Comment