Monday, March 18, 2013

SERIES I SERIOUSLY NEED TO START

While I've been caught up in the more flashy series in YA literature right now, I've woefully neglected others.  This idea came to me by watching other blog's "Top Ten Tuesday" posts.  While I don't exactly keep up with these shenanigans I did like the concept.  These are some series that are in my to-be-read pile; and hopefully I'll get to them sooner than later!


White Cat (Curse Workers, #1)The Curse Workers series by Holly Black

Exactly how it sounds.  People with the power to curse you with emotions, memories or luck.  But these people are cons, and one of their own is being played.  Yes!  Count me in!  I'm thinking witches (which I adore) but they call them curse workers...  Popular YA writers were raving about this series back in December.






Heist Society (Heist Society, #1)The Heist Society series by Ally Carter

Kat is, or rather was, in the business of thieving.  But a priceless art collection is just the beginning of what goes missing in this contemporary mystery.  I usually don't read contemporary YA lit, but I'm thinking I'll make an exception for some teenage master thieves!





The False Prince (The Ascendance Trilogy, #1)The Ascendance Trilogy by Jennifer Nielsen

A puppet prince along with court intrigue!  I know what you're thinking...why havn't I picked up this trilogy sooner?  Yes well it seems there is no romance and I've come to realize that I'm a sappy hopeless romantic (who really doesn't enjoy most chick flicks...go figure!)  But this one is rated so high, and Jennifer Nielsen is from good old Utah!  I will get to this one I promise...




The Thief (The Queen's Thief, #1)The Queen's Thief series by Megan Whalen Turner 

This series is a classic.  But somehow it has fallen through the cracks in my reading pile.  I'm guessing from the title that this series is about a thief.  I'm a great investigator I realize!






Tiger's Curse (The Tiger Saga, #1)The Tiger Saga series by Colleen Houck

An old Indian curse centered around a tiger?  And it lists this as an exciting fantasy-romance novel?  Sign me up!  I didn't realize their would be smooching...maybe I'll get this one a little bit sooner...







The Demon King (Seven Realms, #1)The Seven Realms series by Cinda Williams Chima

This is a heavy duty fantasy series.  The first book is over 500 pages long!  I'm not saying I mind long books...I'm just intimidated.  That and there's 4 books in this series already!  Magic, wizards, warriors; I just hope the amount of characters are manageable and the curses are easy to remember.  I really don't like to be utterly confused when I'm reading for fun...


So there's my list!  Anybody read these?  Anybody love these series to death?  I need to get started...as you can see my to-be-read pile is rather large (and grows by the day)!

No comments:

Post a Comment