Friday, March 15, 2013

FRIDAY'S FINISH IT OR FORGET IT

The Selection (The Selection, #1)The Selection by Kiera Cass

This book had dazzling reviews from both book bloggers and Goodreads alike.  And I'm still trying to figure out why?  But I literally could not go beyond page 50 of this one.  There was clearly not going to be a whole lot of action in this one other than kissing and evil love triangles.  Yes, evil love triangles.  How I loather them!  Because the protagonist America already had the boyfriend of any teenager's dream;  hardworking, smart, caring, family oriented, sacrificing...oh yeah, and handsome.  Yet America was going to enter into a sort of lottery where she would compete with other girls for the attention of a young prince, who turns out, would also be handsome, kind and charismatic.  Yeah, I'm so not playing that game.  I need more to the plot like magical wizards or flesh-eating zombies.  Sorry, America.  I just really don't give a rats behind that two level-headed men have fallen for you.  Contact me when you're ready to join the real world.  So what do you guys think?  I know a ton of you out there have read and loved this one.  What am I missing?  Should I finish or forget this one?

No comments:

Post a Comment