Friday, February 22, 2013

FRIDAY'S FINISH IT OR FORGET IT

Hallowed (Unearthly, #2)Hallowed by Cynthia Hand

Okay so it's no secret I enjoyed Unearthly, the first book in the series.  Partly because of Tucker.  Scratch that.  All because of Tucker.  I wish I had myself a tall cowboy, and in a way I guess I do (I've got myself hitched to a wrangler of classic cars instead of horses...which happens to be taking up my side yard).  Anyway I was relieved to say the least when Clara decided she was in love with Tucker (finally a girl with brains)!  But then I started Hallowed and it became painfully clear very quickly that the love triangle was back.  How utterly annoying.  I thought we worked through this Clara!  Why, why do YA authors think we need a love triangle?  Clara clearly hasn't gotten rid of her obsession with Christian (which feels like a physical attraction because clearly they don't have much to talk about when they are together ).  So, with only 100 pages into Hallowed I put it down.  Clara and her indecisiveness was driving me up the wall and in the process Tucker was starting to turn into a pouting girl.  No thank you.  I prefer to remember Tucker the way he was from Unearthly.  So what do you guys think?  Is trudging through this love triangle worth it in the end?  Or should I move on?

2 comments:

  1. Ugh. I'm not going to lie, sometimes I love love triangles...but other times it just annoys me. That's not real life, well maybe sometimes, but not always. Usually when you fall for someone, you fall hard and that's it - for a time. Yes it can change later on, but it doesn't need to be the central point of a story plot line.

    I am not sure I'll be reading this one. Hm.. thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm totally with you on the love triangle thing. I was hoping for a lot more on this one. Sigh. Thanks for your thoughts!

      Delete