Friday, February 1, 2013

FRIDAY'S FINISH IT OR FORGET IT

SplinteredSplintered by A.G. Howard

I heard such wonderful things about this book on Goodreads.  I really do love remakes of the infamous Alice in Wonderland tale so I was excited to read Splintered.  Alas, I did not even make it to page 50 of this book.  The female lead Alyssa was contradictory and annoying, and the budding love interest with her friend Jeb was predictive and boring.  I really didn't feel the connection between the two of them.  Because of this I stopped reading SplinteredI was really bummed because I didn't even get to the Cheshire cat or queen of hearts, let alone to the talking flowers.  But why waste precious reading time when I can't even stand the first 50 pages?  So here I am asking you, my readers, if I should finish this book or forget about it?    Does this book deserve a second chance?

No comments:

Post a Comment