Sunday, January 6, 2013

OPAL

Opal (Lux, #3)Book Review:  Opal

Author:  Jennifer Armentrout
Published:  2012
Series:  Lux #3


The cover is much better on this book of the series.  And model Daemon on the covers has a name, Pepe (I facebook stalked Jennifer Armentrout)!  I just smiled when I saw that.


The Setting 
Katy and Daemon think life is good.  They are officially a couple and Dawson is back.  But Dawson is not really present.  He is willing to do anything to get his girlfriend Beth back from the Department of Defense.  Other bad news:  Blake is back too and he’s forcing a deal on Katy’s head to get both Beth and his friend Chris back. 
And if comebacks couldn’t get any worse, Katy’s family friend also makes a re-entrance, but not a friendly one.  Forced into a sort of truce, Katy, Daemon, Blake and Dawson attempt the impossible: breaking into the DOD compound.  Their first attempt is a dismal, but is the second time a charm?  Is Katy strong enough now with her new found powers to stand alongside Daemon and fight the DOD and the Arum? 

What I LIKED about this book
Once again, I couldn’t put this book down!  I loved every character; even the good-turned-evil ones (hope I’m not giving too much away here).  You can’t trust anyone in this book and I didn’t know what was coming next.

What I DISLIKED about this book
This book is rated PG-18 and older I would sayAnd again there were a lot of smutty make-out scenes.  This may not be a downside if you’re into that kind of thing… 

Parting Thoughts
Overall I’m going to give Opal 4.5 out of 5 stars and I would have given it 5 stars if not for some of the risqué content.  Now that I’ve got most of the review out of the way I just want to end with this…I HATE you Jennifer Armentrout.  This book ends with a huge cliff-hanger and I have no idea how I’m going to wait until Origin comes out in July 2013.  Who ends a book like that?  Who?  Seriously, it’s been a week and I’ve finished 2 other books but I still can’t get that ending out of my head.  There isn’t much I wouldn’t do to get my hands on the next book…sorry mom.  Your daughter is novel desperate!

No comments:

Post a Comment