Monday, January 7, 2013

THE BODY FINDER

The Body Finder (The Body Finder, #1)Book Review:  The Body Finder

Author:  Kimberly Derting
Published:  2010
Series:  The Body Finder #1


I saw this recommended on one of the book blogs I follow.  And the ebook just happened to be $2.99 so I downloaded it! 

The Setting
Violent has a pretty morbid talent: she can sense the dead, especially if they left the world unjustly (murdered).  But her talent isn’t just the ability to find the dead, it also marks the killer.  Hardly anyone knows her ability, only her parents, uncle, and her best friend since they were little, Jay. 
But Jay and Violet’s relationship  is about to change, both are undeniably in love with each other and Jay will do anything to keep Violet away from trouble.  And it seems trouble follows Violet everywhere.  A serial killer is on the loose in their small town, and Violet is beckoned to some of the girls’ bodies.  Saddened by the murder of someone she knew, Violet sets off to find the killer and remarkably finds him in the most unexpected way.  But with this killer off the streets, is Violet and her secret really safe?  And will Jay and Violet’s relationship make it?

What I LIKED about this book

I loved the relationship between Jay and Violet.  It was so sweet and easy to believe.  I loved the paranormal aspect of this book.  If I have to read a book where kids go to high school I’d like some fantasy, and The Body Finder delivered here.  It was a fast read that made me want the second book so I could be with Violet even more. 

What I DISLIKED about this book
It’s a series…Yipee and darn all at the same time!

Parting Thoughts

Overall I’m going to give The Body Finder 4.5 out of 5 stars.  It wasn’t my all time favorite book this year but it was still a thriller and a page-turner.  I’d recommend this book to fans of romance and fantasy.  It did remind me of the book The Lovely Bones, so if you enjoyed the premise behind that book I think you’ll enjoy this one.  I will read the next book in the series and report back!

No comments:

Post a Comment